Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 14: A Hero That Has Let You Down

This is a weird one...don't know really what to put here. Don't know that I have ever labeled anyone specifically as a hero...there are people I admire and there are those that have disappointed me but no one like a Superman or Woman in my life that would have let me down.

I think we all make choices and have to live with the consequences of those choices...some are good and some are bad. For instance, my biological father hurt me in a couple of ways, but when I was old enough to really look at the situation, I realized that it had nothing to do with me, he was just making bad choices and the consequences ended up being that we didn't have a close relationship. I never considered him a hero necessarily but when you are a kid all "grownups" are larger than life and it is hard for them to live up to that over time.

We all find disappointment in those around us that we consider friends, or family. Accepting a person's faults and either deciding we can live with them or not is the choice that we then get to make.

__________________________________

Four Years Ago on In My Words...Busy

No comments: