Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 13: A Band or Artist That Has Gotten You Through Some Bad Ass Days

Well, I guess this would depend on the days....in high school, I think Journey, Depeche Mode, and old school Prince would have been on my list that has gotten me through (not exclusively but I do remember listening to them when I was going through tough high school drama).

Then in college, it would be Sinead O'Connor, James Brown, and EnVogue, that helped me through stressful days, lonely times, or being homesick. Oh, and I remember one particular drive to clear my head that required some James Taylor and UB40 (how is that for a mix?)...

Over the years since college, I have had some Sarah McLachlan, Anna Nalick, Norah Jones when I need to sing the blues away, then some Green Day, Violent Femmes, and Beastie Boys if I need to get going, and finally some CCR, Beatles, and Allman Brothers if I want a walk down childhood memory lane. Can't forget some Disturbed and Papa Roach when I want to get pumped at the gym...

You know, obviously, there is no way to answer this one with just one artist or band...I don't think I have had the bad times that this question is referring too yet, and I love so many different artists and listen to them all for different reasons...so this is really just a broad brushstroke of the things I have listened to over the years....definitely not inclusive off all my tastes musically....since we didn't even touch on Classical and Scores that get me going for school or morning wakeups...

________________________

Two Years Ago on In My Words...Beautiful Moon

No comments: