Thursday, May 25, 2006

Another List of Updates

In this post a few weeks ago, I have an update on several things that were on my plate...now things have progressed and I thought I would do it again.

Couch Situation:

The manufacturer got on the retailer and they sent the repairman out and he fixed the couch in about 30 minutes. I received a little couch education and the retailer is on my bad list. I plan to drop a little bomb on them in the near future for their lack of customer service (the only reason they fixed the couch is because it is covered by warranty from the manufacturer, if it had come out of their pocket, they would have completely blown me off).

Computer/Internet Situation:

The CPU stopped beeping so I have not taken it apart to put the thermal gel under there since it doesn't seem to be overheating anymore. Once I got back from my trip to the west coast, I installed my broadband wireless router and now I have wireless internet and networking for my laptop. It is so nice to be able to print from my laptop directly. The Linksys router I purchased works great and I have to say I have always been happy with their products.

Landscaping Situation:

I need to finish up a small amount of mulching in the main bed, and then do some maintenance on some of the other beds. The plants all did fine while I was gone and there is a new growth showing. J decided to put in a little garden on the other side of the backyard and we have tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers making their way into the world. The big pine tree that was hit by lightening is probably going to die eventually. The arborist I spoke with said to keep an eye on it because it will be noticable when it happens and then we need to get it out before bugs can infest since they can also attack some of the healthy trees in our yard. I am bummed that we might lose it, but for now it is doing okay, putting out new growth and getting on with life.

Soccer Situation:

Missed two weeks while I was on the west coast but have played twice since then and my pulled quad seems to be fine. I am not kicking it as far as before, but I think I have to work back up to that. I will miss our game this weekend because we are going to the coast for the holiday, so I won't have soccer again until practice on Wednesday next week.

School Situation:

I am finished, actually finished before I left for the west coast. I did well on most of it, haven't gotten any feedback from the teacher on what could have been improved upon regarding my site, but I did get an A in the class overall. I am off for the summer and have the one class to take in the fall to be done with my Master's.

Photo Project Situation:

Still haven't moved on this one. I did get all the pictures done from my visit out west and hope to get prints in the mail today. Will tackle this one soon so I can get my Grandma's pictures back to her.

Fitness Situation:

Have started logging my workouts on "My Happy Medium" again, and have been pretty good about getting some exercise since I have been home. I need to be more diligent on portion size and I think I might actually lose a few pounds. I didn't work out as much as I would have liked to while I was traveling but I also didn't eat too much either. I think I had lost a bit of weight before the trip with my poison ivy episode...haha.

New Hottub Situation:

I need to treat our hottub cover so it doesn't dry out and crack but there are more pressing issues. I had an electrician over yesterday because it seems that the lightening strike to the tree did affect the hottub. We are pretty sure it blew out the power converter for the stereo as well as possibly the stereo (I need to hook it to a car battery to test it). It also blew out some of the LED lights around the rim of the tub. The electrician thinks that is mostly a static thing, not a strike, or the hottub circuit board would be gone as well. So I have to get some things checked out today so we can get a damage report started. If we end up having to pay to remove the tree, then I can also have the hottub stuff added and perhaps do more than our deductible.

Miscellaneous:

I still need to powerwash the house from the pine pollen fall earlier this spring, and I also need to powerwash our patio furniture. There are a few flowers that need planting and some mulching, and pinestrawing that needs to be done as well. I am a bit behind on my card making, and have travel videos to work on along with a plethora of other things. My plate is never empty.

I better get this day started since it is the last day this week I will have time to do anything, as we are going away for the weekend (I know, it might be a nightmare, but it could be fun too).

4 comments:

Chicken said...

I'm tired after reading that. :-)

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip and give us an update when you get back. I am saying a tree prayer for that beautiful pine!

Wes said...

You probably should address your CPU issue anyway by adding like article silver 3 (thin layer like a note card) and maybe a better fan on top. Also maybe consider a better case and power supply to better ventilate and circulate air flow.

www.wesleydjones.com

Mind Sprite said...

Your lists wear me out! I probably have as much to do, but seeing it all in a list like that would make me want to hide under the covers!