Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Weekend At The Beach

Well we are home now. We had fun, it was much nicer than I was expecting and the area we were in wasn't crazy with crowds. Here are a few of the many pics I took while there. They are not in any particular order.

View of the beach from the fishing pier we visited.

The house we rented was away from the water so it was a nice retreat from days filled with sun, surf and sand. I didn't think to get any shots of it but perhaps we will stay there again and I will then.

Sunset from the boat we took a harbor cruise on.

The drive down was shorter than the Internet claimed and we even got a few geocaches in along the way. The trip back was a bit longer but we took a different route to see other sites.

Memorial Day visit to a local state park with a restored fort on it.

Overall, it was a great trip, and I am looking forward to heading back down there in July for another few days.

3 comments:

kilgorsky said...

In the third picture it looks like it's pretty windy. Was it a cold weekend?

Chicken said...

Looks very relaxing. You both deserved a mini vacation.

... said...

Kil- nope the weather was awesome, in the mid 80's F but yes that fort is near the beach so it was windy there. The breeze helped keep us cool.

Chicken- it was a much better trip than I was expecting and we did have fun. I can't remember the last time I went out of town for Memorial Day weekend.