Thursday, April 27, 2006

Updates

Here is a list of updates from posts that I have made recently...

Couch situation-
Currently waiting for the technician to call me to schedule a date to come and repair the couch. Have had to call both the manufacturer and the retailer several times to keep the ball rolling on this one. I am hoping to have this done before I leave for the west coast next week but otherwise will schedule it for after.

Computer/Internet situation-
I installed the new ethernet card in my computer yesterday. Disabled the old one in the BIOS and in the system settings in Windows. I had a technician from our cable company come out and test our lines. He was able to find a couple of small problems but mostly we have a pretty good signal. I cleaned out the interior of my computer case before closing it up and discovered a lot of dust on my CPU fan. I uninstalled it and cleaned it but didn't have anymore thermal gel with me so when I put it back together, I started getting beeped because the CPU was overheating. Purchased some thermal gel last night and plan to fix that issue today. Otherwise, the PC is back on the Internet using the connection in the office and all seems well. I will install the wireless router soon so I can configure the security and get the laptop back up on the Internet but for now, I have too many other things to do before my trip so it will wait.

Landscaping situation-
I have finally purchased the last of the plants and will have them in the ground before I leave. I have had some watering issues that are on going (trying to find the best scenario to have the area watered while I am gone). Normally this time of year, it wouldn't be a worry because we would get lots of rain but we haven't been and I don't want everything to die. I will have it figured out before I leave. Once I get these last plants in the ground, I will get some mulch and that will help the area retain water as well.

Soccer situation-
Don't know if I said anything about this last week but I pulled a muscle in my quad and can't seem to find a wrap for it (will have to go to a sports store in another town for it). Fortunately because of rain, our practice was cancelled yesterday so my leg is getting a full week to heal and then I will have one game before I leave. The trip will give me two weeks to heal as well and that will be good.

School situation (I guess I haven't really blogged about this much)-
Well, as usual, I am behind. This is due to my own procrastination and poor time management but I think I can still pull it out if I focus this week (I should also mention that I have a lot of other things on my plate as well). I had to rescope my project once again but I think it will turn out better because of it. I just need to work on some of my required elements so I can get those out of the way and not be down to the wire dealing with them. Fortunately this class is very laid back so I am not worried about completely screwing it up.

Class has been a lot of fun and I am learning tons. We are building multimedia websites this semester and there are no tests, no papers, and (best of all) no groupwork. I can't complain at all.

Photo project situation-
This is still ongoing. I had hoped to be done with this by the time I was flying back out to the west coast, but it is just not going to happen. I'll finish it up when I get back and then send everything back to my mom or grandma with insured mail.

Fitness situation-
I have been pretty good about getting some exercise and keeping the portions under control but I don't know that I am actually doing enough to see dramatic results. None of my clothes feel super big but they aren't tight either so I guess I can't complain and I just need to stay motivated. The warmer weather has made walking much more pleasant.

Miscellaneous-
I have still not replaced my favorite fish that died. I have lots of yard stuff to do that is completely unrelated to the landscaping (like I have a truck full of pinestraw that has been there for over a week). I have several internal house projects that I would like to complete but for now, I think I have enough on my plate until I finish the semester and fly to the west coast. Most of it can wait until I get back.

Okay, so that is it...basically I have way more to do than time to do it, so I better get off here and get started with my day.

9 comments:

Dave Morris said...

You have WAAAYYY too much going on at once! I can't manage my paultry little life, much less even keep track of yours.

Have fun out west... we want pictures.

... said...

I am hoping to get some good ones at my grandmother's 80th birthday and we might even get some decent geocaches in as well....

Chicken said...

I'm tired from just reading what you have on your plate.

Mind Sprite said...

Ooooh, when are you going to be in Portland? Hopefully I can finally meet you properly and hang out a bit!

p.s. I probably have as much going on, but making a list like that would make me cry and hide in bed, so I'll just marvel at your efficiency!

... said...

FMS-I'll send an itinerary to Chicken and she can forward it to you...

Anonymous said...

Whoopee only a week to go! I can hardly wait - I will get all the party supplies this weekend. We might need to go to Jacksonville - any caches over there?

... said...

Yeah, I am sure there are...Chicken and I will check it out while we are still in Portland.

Girl said...

That busy and still a blogger...amazing.

kilgorsky said...

Oh, shoot, I missed so much.

Looks like you got the computer issue solved too.