Monday, April 03, 2006

Golfing

I went golfing with J yesterday for the second Sunday in a row. We seemed to have had a bit of a hiatus during the winter and just started back at the range recently. These two Sundays have been the first rounds we have played since the fall. They were both fun, we didn't play fabulously but better than expected considering the time we were away from it.

Last weekend, J beat me by one stroke and yesterday, we tied....so if I keep it up, I could be winning soon. Last year, I beat him a few times but those were on days when he was playing just horribly. Yesterday, we were both playing decently so I feel better about that.

My drive is what saves me. I get enough distance that I make up for what I can't do in the short game. If I ever learn to use my pitching wedge properly, I might give him a run for his money. Even if I didn't do great, I did get on the greens in regulation more than half the time and I was in the fairway except on two holes...I guess that is a good start. I have decided that I really need to get regular at the gym since I am sure some more muscles would be to my advantage.

Anyhow, it was a lot of fun, the sun was out, and it was warm (mid 80s), and I got some color to my skin...yeah, pastey white winter Mishka is gone for the season.

No comments: