Tuesday, August 04, 2009

TS Morakot

So we have this little tropical storm sitting out there churning up. Right now it is not forecasted to be higher than Cat 1 by the time it hits us, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will ramp up a bit and give us a good storm.

If you look at this picture, where the last little marker is, is where we are...so we are looking at Thursday night/Friday morning right now. I am trying not to get too excited about it, although I did send out a word of caution and advice to some of my friends here that haven't been in a decent storm yet...just to be on the safe side.

I will see how things go tomorrow before I start getting too busy with strapping stuff down and the like...I have cargo straps for anything I plan to leave outside and then we have a garage area for protection for the car. I don't really have a lot outside right now...and the teak table and chairs are pretty heavy but I usually collapse them and strap them together to be safe...last thing I need is for a chair to get smashed through one of my wall-sized plate glass windows.

____________________

Three Years Ago on In My Words...Now You See It, Now You Don't

No comments: