Sunday, August 09, 2009

Typhoon pummels China, forcing nearly 1M to flee - Yahoo! News

It is always amazing to me to read the destruction that these storms cause other places. I guess we are just built for the storms here because we really do not have much damage other than trees even in the strongest of storms.

I have only lost power on one occassion and that was a super typhoon (cat 5) in all of the typhoons I have been in. I guess the smaller villages and low lying areas are what get hit the most in these other countries. We are pretty urban here but I know that some of our smaller islands that only have bamboo and nipa huts do suffer.

It is so sad to see that something I get excited about experiencing is so detrimental to so many others...

____________________

Four Years Ago on In My Words...Led Zeppelin

No comments: