Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pop Spring Visit

Pop and P playing on the last night
Pop made a surprise visit this week. I knew he was coming down a few days before he and P got here. It is a bit of a drive to get here from their house but my sister lives about halfway so they stayed a couple of days at her house before heading down.

They stayed at their friend's house while in town, which worked out for me since we really don't have guest quarters at this time. Pop came over to hang out on Monday and we had lunch and just chilled. After P came to pick him up, they called to see if I wanted to have dinner with them over at their friends. Their friend is actually my former 6th grade teacher so it is really hard for me to not call him by his teacher name but I am getting better about it...LOL. We had a great meal and spent some time after dinner singing and playing instruments (I am limited to the singing part).

Then a couple of days later, we met up at another friends for some jamming. Spent the afternoon singing and playing instruments. Their friends live in the house next door to a house we lived in when I was in middle school. We used to hang out with the elderly couple that owned the house before G and G bought it. So it was a bit of a walk down memory lane for me. After a bit, we walked downtown and had some great pizza and beer before calling it a night.

Finally, on the last night, we met up at a local drinking hole where their friend G was playing and singing with her music partner and was planning to let Pop and P step in for a few songs. It was great fun, and fantastic people watching. Pop and P were a bit nervous, but they did a great job and had a good time. Around 11, we called it a night. I said goodbye that night since they were leaving for my sister's the next day to finish up their trek home.

Overall, it was a great visit and I am hoping to see them later this summer when they make their annual warm weather trek down from WA.
____________________________

Four Years Ago on In My Words...We Have New Fish

No comments: