Monday, December 24, 2012

Aunt Becky's Annual Meme

Thought I would add myself to the meme club...let's see how it goes...

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Drove to Lake Tahoe...what a fun adventure that turned out to be!

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think it was to be more flexible and fitter...I am probably the same but I should get points for at least not being less flexible or less fit, right?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
According to Facebook, several of my friends did...but no one close, close to me...LOL

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately, this was not a year for loss...whew!!

5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Floors would be cool...oh and a job!!

6. What countries did you visit?
Didn't leave the country this year, sadly...

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
June 29. First time ever pulling a trailer...complete success!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Meeting my 40 books read goal and moving day...LOL

9. What was your biggest failure?
Still being unemployed???

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a nasty chest cold that turned into bronchitus (my first time), that I would love to never repeat.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Makita cordless drill....love that thing!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My cousin Mynde who is fighting breast cancer with the most strength, poise and grace of anyone I have ever seen.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Pretty much the entire political engine...I couldn't wait for it to be over.

14. Where did most of your money go?
HOME IMPROVEMENT!! LOL

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Bunco!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
PSY – Gangnam Style

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?  About the same...
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same
iii. richer or poorer?  Definitely poorer...haha

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Anything fitness related...I was a slacker for most of the second half of the year...

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Muttering under my breath at stupid former renters and property management

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With lots of family

21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.

22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Nope, already there

23. How many one-night stands?
None

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Grimm

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope.

26. What was the best book you read?
Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My Ipod broadcaster so I can listen to something other than the radio...

28. What did you want and get?
Didn't know I wanted them, but got a fantastic scarf from a friend, and a terrific golf club from Gpa.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Help

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 43, and spent the day alone, watching movies, and playing games...nothing too exciting.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hearing from a long lost friend.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Stripey socks rule!!

34. What kept you sane?
Jocelyn and exercise!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The War on Women

37. Who did you miss?
The boy

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Shirley

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
It is possible to eat too much chocolate.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Work is never done...if it isn't part of a song, it should be...LOL
_______________________________

Last Year on In My Words...A Year In Review

1 comment:

Lynsey @MoscatoMom said...

#12 - amazing. prayers for her.
#15 - I play Bunco too!!!
#16 - YES I didnt even think of that one.
#18 - I think we all were.
#30 - YES I should have put that one!

Nice to "meet" you! Cheers to 2013!