Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HR Bullsh1t

I think it is crap that the majority of HR departments I have dealt with in the last few months DO NOT send any kind of notice to those that have taken the time to apply for positions they have listed, when they have decided to go with someone else.

It is rude and unprofessional. Some of these companies take months to hire so just assuming you have been passed up because you haven't heard anything in 30 days is not reasonable...in fact, I did that with one and they wrote back saying that they were still working on the filling the position (this was two weeks after the projected start date) and would be emailing all applicants regardless of their decision to hire or not. I went to their site yesterday and there are no open positions any longer but I never did get an email from them.

They don't have to go into a lot of details, but at least a note so you aren't sitting there hoping to get an interview or position for ages. It amazes me that any of them can even hire anyone because by the time they make up their mind, I imagine most of the prospectives have found other jobs.

_____________________

Six Years Ago on In My Words...The Somewhat Downside

No comments: