Friday, April 29, 2011

Geocaching Craziness

The cache exposed
Went to a park the day before my run to check out the route and decided to do some geoaching while I was there. It was pretty cool because I had never been to the park and it has a lot to offer that I didn't know about and the geocaching probably took me to parts of it that I wouldn't have explored just to scout for the run.

The cache back in place
One of the caches actually required me to climb 20 ft in the air up a tree....I haven't had to climb a tree in a while so it was definitely kind of interesting but at least I found the cache.

The area it was hidden in
Anyhow, this one took a while to find as you can see it was very well camo'd. I had to check the logs while I was out in the woods and it gave me some clues as to what to look for. After a few minutes of poking around, this cache was found.

There are a few more caches in this park and the adjacent park, so when I go there again, I'll try to get those. I have another race in May that goes through this same area so perhaps I will be able to get them then.
________________

Four Years Ago on In My Words...Our New Visitor

1 comment:

Jazmin said...

Hold crap! Intense spot! I love it!