Saturday, February 20, 2010

Today

It didn't start off that great...I woke up feeling worse than the day before physically and had slept in much later than I wanted (which always makes me mad) even though my body probably needed it (not to mention that I didn't even get to bed until 1am).

As it progressed, I did start to feel better. I think when you have a cold, you always feel terrible when you first get out of bed anyhow. I took some tylenol so my throat would stop throbbing and I weighed my options on whether to take any other cold medicine. This head cold has been a bit different than most in that I am not stuffed up (at least my nose is not stuffed up) so I really don't want to take a decongestant if I don't have to...my ears do feel stuffy though. So I might break down and take a decongestant tomorrow if I am not starting to feel a change.

Enough about the cold. Anyway, I didn't get a lot accomplished today since I was trying to take it easy. I did help some people on Google's help board for Blogger, along with knocking out the dusting around here (it was bugging me). I managed to sit outside for a bit when the sun was peaking out and that felt terrific.

Tonight, I managed to soak in our jet tub in some nice hot water, with the window open putting cool air on my face. It reminded me so much of sitting in our hot tub in North Carolina in the winter time. It was very nice and definitely a good way to end the day.

So overall, in the normal Mishka definition of a good day (one with lots of check marks off the to do list), it wasn't a good day, but in reality, I don't have a lot to complain about...sun on my face and nice soaks to wrap it up is not too bad. I think I will have to call it a good one even with the head cold.

________________________

Two Years Ago on In My Words...Making Soup

No comments: