Sunday, December 06, 2009

My Christmas

Hey look! Survey time! For those of you bloggers or those who are reading on Facebook, please feel free to copy and reuse for yourself. In all your "free time" this holiday season. Heh.


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both...I like Eggnog but know it is so bad for me and can only really drink it one or two times, but I love hot chocolate as long as the weather is chilly.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? As a kid, Santa did both, but I think that for the most part, our Santa wraps them ahead of time but usually stuffs the stockings with unwrapped small items...

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? Colored and blinking randomly...

4. Do you hang mistletoe? If I have some and remember to, but it doesn't last from year to year...gets thrown away at the end of the season.

5. When do you put your decorations up? In years past, it was the day after Tday but this year, I still don't have anything up and we are already at the 6th...guess I better get to it.


6. What is your favorite holiday food? Mashed potatoes, cheddar squash bake, or stuffing...any of the three make me very happy.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I don't know that I have a favorite, but I do remember the Christmas that I got my ballerina Barbie pretty vividly for some reason...

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My mom could probably answer this better than I can. I don't remember it being a big revelation...I just knew at some point that my parents were involved. I do remember being re-convinced of his existence when I was in middle school because he came to visit all of us kids in the middle of the night and woke us all up.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As a kid, we always opened one gift on Christmas Eve and then the rest had to wait until Christmas morning (even if we didn't get a fun gift that night). These days, we don't have much under the tree (being that we are so far away from family), so I think we open everything on Christmas day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? While living in Japan, we do a different scenario than we would if we were in the States. Here we have a small fake tree that we put up on one of our cabinets. I put lights and are ornaments from each year on it and that is about it because it is really little. In the States, we usually have all our ornaments out and we either have a real dead tree or a real potted tree depending on our location and the availability of potted trees.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love snow...

12. Can you ice skate? Don't know because I have never been ice skating.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think this answer would change over the years...I have particular gifts that stand out, but I don't know that I would call any of them my favorite.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Friends and family (if we can swing the family part logistically).

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie or my mom's Mexican fruit cake.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? One that I don't get to do anymore...caroling. I love to sing and I miss that we used to go to friend's houses when I was younger and we would all sing Christmas songs. Music has always been a pretty big thing in my house growing up and I miss that.

17. What tops your tree? Here, I have a little angel ornament that gets put up there, but in the States when we have a bigger tree, I have a capiz shell star that lights up.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Honestly? Both.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I don't like to eat them by themselves but I don't mind them dipped in hot chocolate...

20. Favorite Christmas show/movie? All the ones from when I was a kid, Rudolph, Frosty, and Charlie Brown...

21. Saddest Christmas song? Don't think I have one.

22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Funny, since I am not religious, but Martina McBride's rendition of Oh Holy Night is one of my favorites to listen to. Dona Nobis Pacem is my favorite to sing and I usually can be caught singing it all year long...

________________________

Five Years Ago on In My Words...Locked Out

No comments: