Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Okay, this has been a busy year for me. I have taken on new tasks and responsibilities but have also let some other things slide. I have enjoyed all the time I have been able to give back to the community in the last two years, but I do see that winding down as we prepare to move again. I have a limited amount of time left here in Japan and I want to make the most of it. I can't believe that we are already out of the first decade of the 2000's...wow, time flies.

I hate doing New Year's resolutions, especially with my perfectionist personality because it generally just means one more thing on my To Do list...that might or might not get done and then I might or might not feel bad about.

So let's just say this....I plan to be more flexible, both physically and mentally (and for those that know me the mental part will take some work). I plan to spend more time on myself and get back to some of the things that I love to do and have not had time for. I plan on trying to get some paid experience under my belt so I will be prepared to re-enter the workforce full steam after we leave here. I want to enjoy things that I will miss from here while I can and experience some new things before we go. I want to look in the mirror and admire the person I see there (both mentally and physically) and that means devoting some time to me (both mentally and physically).

There is a lot to be done and not much time to do it in so I am tackling the New Year with gusto and anticipation of all it holds. Tonight we are heading down to the beach for a party with our friends, some food and a bonfire. The wind is blowing fierce and it will be chilly I am sure.

I hope this finds everyone else enjoying their holidays, and staying safe and healthy!!! Happy New Year!!!

No comments: