Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dead Gecko Movement

Geckos are a part of life here. I don't mind them too much as long as they don't get too big in the house because then their poops get big and it is a pain in the ass to clean it up. They eat lots of bugs and having them around actually keeps other things away. The ones we have here chirp a lot and I guess that is normal for the gecko species as a whole. Sounds like a bird in the house.

Anyhow, when we first moved in, I found a dead gecko on the steps in front of the house. It was being attacked by ants. I kicked it off to the side in the flowerbed just so I wouldn't accidentally step on it. I came home a few hours later and it was in the sidewalk again but much further down. I kicked it off to the side again. Next day, I didn't see it until the afternoon when coming in. It was on top of a 5 foot wall that borders our front porch. I have no idea how it moved that much (birds or ants I presume) but I was amazed at how fast it was moving about. I flicked it with my finger into the flowerbed that the wall borders and figured that would be the last of it.

No such luck, since then I have seen it move all over our front walk, porch and beds. It hasn't show up in a few days so I am assuming it has been completely consumed or a bird moved it completely out of the area. If all this movement was due to a troop of ants working in organization, we might have a few things to learn from them. It would take tons of them to move that thing and that means a lot of coordination so it wouldn't just sit there spinning in circle like a boat with too many rowers that don't know what they are doing.

1 comment:

Chicken said...

I bet you it is being moved around by birds.