Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gotta Love This

I love this rice...it is Japanese rice (and if you have ever lived in Asia, you will know that all rice is NOT the same). These little packs come as two connected which you can break apart for just one serving. It is 100 grams of rice (about 150 calories) and is perfect if you want to make something with some rice in it but don't want to overdo it. I am trying hard to be more fit and portion size is always important so I love these little guys, and I love the fact that they warm up in the microwave in 1 minute.

There are different brands out there and some of my local friends have pointed out the ones that actually have really good rice in them. Some of the other brands are bigger portions though, so I like this mostly. It comes as a three pack (so 6 servings total) and it makes for quick little meals when I am eating on my own.

When I am cooking for more, I just cook rice in my rice cooker and I have three different types of rice on my counter....which one I use depends on the meal I am making.

_____________________

Two Years Ago on In My Words...Wait'Em Out

2 comments:

Chicken said...

That is a great idea!!

... said...

The only down side is all the packaging...I need to check the bottom tray and see if it is recyclable.