Saturday, October 26, 2013

Monster Dash

Signed up to do this 5K to see if I could get motivated. The course wasn't my favorite because the entire first half was uphill and if you have read my blog before, you know I don't like to run up hill. On top of that, I am so completely out of shape it is not even funny.

On the otherhand, it was for a good cause, my cousin was running it too, and we got to dress up in costumes. So this meant, finding a costume that would be easy to run in. I had some errands to do, and managed to swing by a store that had a simple lady bug costume that I could wear running shorts under and I was set. I did end up wearing a long sleeve running shirt under the costume and I am glad I did because even though the sun was shining, it was a bit chilly in the shade.

The turn out was great. Took lots of pics of all the other creative costumes out there. Didn't run as  much of it as I would have liked and really saw how fat I have gotten when I saw some of the pics the pro photographer took but it was still great exercise, and my time was somewhere in my median area.

I am signed up for a Ugly Sweater run in December and might even do a Turkey Trot 2 miler on Thanksgiving....we'll see.

_____________________________

Two Years Ago on In My Words...Racing Again

No comments: