Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Geocaching Luck

Signing the log
Today, I went to the Grower's Market with one of our cousins and two of her boys. After we had checked things out for a bit we walked over to a nearby park to let the boys play. I remembered that a geocache had recently been hidden in that park, so I turned on the GPS on my phone and my geocaching app to see if we could maybe find it (even though the phone is not even close to being as accurate as the GPSr is).

With the clues and my basic memory of where it might be, I sent my little cousin off to find it, and he did. He was so excited, even though it was a micro and we could only sign the log. We haven't been able to geocache since last summer so this was a real treat and he definitely has the bug again. I told him, that now since the weather was getting better, we would go more often, and I know of a few parks we can explore that have some in them.

This is one of my favorite hobbies even if I don't get to do it as much as I would like. It gives you the chance for exercise, fresh air and seeing a new place each time (assuming you aren't just doing it for numbers and like finding stupid micros hidden on guardrails).
_____________________________

Eight Years Ago on In My Words...Geocaching Peeve

No comments: