Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 20: Your Views on Drugs and Alcohol

Once again, moderation, moderation, moderation people.

I have never used any illegal drugs but I don't feel it is my place to judge those that do either. I think that people need to be responsible for the choices they make and in knowing that, use drugs, if they chose to, responsibly.

Having had alcoholism very close to me growing up, I have always had a bit of a fear of it, and I think that has caused me to always err on the side of caution when it comes to alcohol. I do drink occasionally but when I do, it is never very much. I just don't get a level of "fun" from it that warrants feeling really crappy the next day or doing something I would later regret while under the influence.

One thing I don't excuse is those that put other people's lives in danger while using either of the above. I think that if you are going to make the choice to use drugs and/or alcohol, you should be the only that has to deal with the consequences of that choice, not some innocent bystander on the road, or an innocent child that is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Of course, we know that this is almost never the case when abuse of the above two is involved...which is why my opening lines were moderation, moderation, moderation...

_____________________

Last Year on In My Words...My Christmas

No comments: