Tuesday, December 02, 2008

What To Do

So I woke up this morning feeling bad about not getting enough exercise, and still having tons of things on my To Do list. I decided I was going for an early morning walk since the sun was shining and the humidity was low....in fact days like this make up for any other crappy weather day I might experience...that is how good it was.

I knew that the walk would give me a chance to breath and prioritize. I have lots to do and not a lot of time to do it in, and I seem to be double booked for most days this week and that has added to my concern. I still have piles of Christmas lights to put out and I have a large piece of furniture sitting in the middle of my office that needs a home by the end of the week. I have not really started on Christmas cards yet even though I have all the makings, and I have to get these boxes shipped by the end of the week if they are going to get to the US in time.

Needless to say, I came into the office first thing, like I do most mornings to say hello to Chase (our cat) and check into the world before heading out. Since all of my family is awake when I am asleep, my first chance on the web in the morning is when I get to catch up on everyone's day and sometimes even catch them still awake. While I was on the computer, I decided to check out geocaching's website and see if there were any that I needed to update. I did find a few and while I was at it, I decided to update my other caches as well. So a mere two hours later (pushing 10am), I had eaten (Slimfast...another thing on my To Do list is to lose weight), organized and updated all my caches, but still had not gotten any exercise.

I head out the door with my Ipod, my camera and my GPS. I hit three different caches...all older ones that I have been watching for a while, and didn't find any of them. Two of them are in high traffic areas so I mostly just did a drive-by on those but I searched for the third one for a good hour. I did manage to get some awesome pictures taken and visit a part of a castle park that I hadn't seen before, but I didn't get any caches....that can be frustrating. Anyhow, after I got home (around noon), I had breathed some fresh air, gotten some exercise and sun, and felt like I had a better outlook on the To Do list.

Since then, I have gotten three boxes packed and shipped, holiday stamps purchased and am heading out for dinner with a friend and a trip to a Japanese spa (having to step out of my comfort zone on this one but that is for another post). I guess I will tackle a few more things tonight when I get home so completely relaxed from my experience...wish me luck.


One Year Ago on In My Words...Randomness


Chicken said...

It sounds like your walk helped you get things done later in the day.

By the way I have gone out geocaching a few times but there has always been a reason why I couldn't search for the caches. *sigh*

Haha said...

Sounds like a marvelous day!

Haha said...

Nice photos too!

Mishka said...

It is frustrating...to say the least but the weather and the fresh air made it worth the hunt even though I didn't find them. The owner is checking on one of them.