Friday, February 06, 2015

Wind and Power

Radar
We are experiencing a windy rain storm. The wind really started blowing last night, and we even lost power for a couple of hours last night, but I wasn't worried about getting up for work because my cell phone is my alarm clock and it was fully charged before I went to bed.

When I woke up in the middle of the night, the fan we have blowing in our room was back on, so I knew that the power was back on.

When I left for work this morning, I noticed that the house across the street lost their purple plum tree to the wind. It is broken in half and laying in their yard. They are renters so I am sure they have to wait for the rental company to figure something out. It will suck next summer because that tree really gave them some great shade from the afternoon sun. I'll try to get a picture of it later and post it on here.

When I got home from work, I noticed that we must have lost power at least one more time while I was gone because the computer was back off and so was the cable box. I unplugged the laptop and Chromebook last night since I didn't have surge protectors for them. The big PC is on a great surge protector so I am not worried about it.

Our recycle bin and yard waste bins were on their sides in the middle of our driveway this morning and the rain was coming down in buckets.

I'll have to get out and check the pool tomorrow to make sure that the water isn't too high and that the timers on the pump and light aren't messed up from the power outage...hopefully the rain will drop off some so I can get some yard work...
_________________________

Seven Years Ago on In My Words...Super Typhoon Krosa

No comments: