Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Songs

Songs always hit me hard emotionally. I have heard this song now in two different productions (Grey's Anatomy and The Lucky One), and just love it. The way it is sung is just awesome...I wish I could belt like that. The first stanza really clicks for me. It goes:

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you

I don't know that the rest of it fits, but that first part gets me everytime and just the way the artist sings it does too.

Song is called The Story and the words are written by Phil Hanseroth. I need to download it to my iTunes so maybe with some practice, I might do an okay version of it.
______________________________

Six Years Ago on In My Words...Midnight Salad

No comments: