Saturday, August 25, 2012

Typhoon Bolaven

Looks like this one is going to be a straight hit...haven't had one like that in a while. We had SuperTyphoon Saomai that hit a week after we arrived on island in 2000, but we were still living in a hotel at that time and it was more exciting than anything else. I actually went up the outside stairwell so I could get footage of it.

I feel for my friends that are still there, waiting this one out. Hopefully it won't get to SuperTyphoon strength, and they won't lose power or water. The island is built to handle these kinds of storms so I am not worried for anyone's life, as long as they stay away from the beach.

Hunker down friends, and we'll see you on the other side.
_________________________

Five Years Ago on In My Words...Now Super Typhoon Wipha

No comments: