Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cicada Are Coming

Okay, I heard my first little squawks from the cicada this morning...I have seen a few in the trees but the population is not big enough yet for them to all start making a lot of noise...but I know it is coming.

Last year, there were so many in the trees in my backyard that you couldn't hear the TV in my house with the windows and doors closed. I actually went out and hosed down the trees to force them out to just get some peace for a few minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of them and it will forever remind of this place and the fact that summer is here, but last year was unbelievably loud and I am not sure I want that again. Even Chase couldn't stand the decibels in the backyard.

________________________

One Year Ago on In My Words...Solar Eclipse Shrouds Asia

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I should bring McKenzie over and she would get rid of them for you. She loves being on the porch, catching and eating them. It is the grossest thing I have ever seen. I was worried the first time she did it but of course, I googled it and apparently it is considered flying eye candy. I try and keep her away from them but she catches them from time to time.