Friday, April 30, 2010

A New Way to Look

I am a list maker, I am an organizational nut, I am a perfectionist....these things sometimes help me to complete tasks that others would never attempt, but these things can also be a hinderance to me at times.

I like to start and finish a project in one sitting...this is not always possible (in fact, it is rarely possible). Sometimes the magnitude of a project and the fact that I don't have a block of time that will allow me to finish it in one sitting, keeps me from ever getting to the project.

I am learning (and it is still very hard for me to do) to break things up...that it is okay for me to not complete it all at once, and that tackling little bits for an allocated amount of time is okay. The feeling of accomplishment is delayed (and we all know that is the reason I even attempt these projects to begin with...haha), but I am starting to get some enjoyment from the incremental accomplishments as well.

There are so many things I want to do in my life and so many seem to be shoved off to the side because in the back of my brain, I know I have all these "have tos" that I am not getting to, hovering there. I would like to be able to do some of the things I want to do and that means getting some of these projects off my plate...little by little if need be.

_______________________

Four Years Ago on In My Words...Utterly Ridiculous

No comments: