Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Bunny Luncheon

Today, I once again had the opportunity to hang out with some great ladies and share some culture. We had a luncheon with OIWC and I decided that we definitely needed the Easter bunny to make an appearance!!

So I dressed up in an Easter bunny suit and took gobs of pictures with all my Okinawan friends. It was great fun to see all the smiles and excitement. We tried to host a meal that was traditional for Easter dinner and I know that everyone had a good time.

We had a flamenco dance troupe perform (not Eastery but really awesome anyhow). The ladies were beautiful in their dresses and we were all completely impressed by their abilities.

I am going to miss OIWC like crazy when I leave here...it has been a very rewarding experience and I highly recommend it to any of my friends. It has been a great way to get to know the local people and share our cultures.

_____________________

Three Years Ago on In My Words...Friends

1 comment:

Chicken said...

You are so cute in your bunny outfit!