Sunday, March 28, 2010

Car Crash

Okay, it isn't like I don't have tons to write about...it is just that I keep putting my writing on the back burner because other things jump to the front and need immediate attention. So I guess I will be putting together a few posts and scheduling some of them to be published later this week.

Anyhow, first off, I was in a traffic accident last week. A speeding moped driver tboned my car in the driver's side door while I was on my way to geocache on Sunday. I haven't been in an accident like that before, and it really rattled me. I found myself thinking about it the next two days all the time.

I was only cut up a bit and the moped driver broke his leg. It could have been a million times worse in so many ways so we are both pretty lucky, but it still is an unnerving experience. I was shaking so bad, I couldn't dial my phone when it first happened.

More than likely, the driver's side door will have to be replaced. I have to go through our safety inspection required here every two years, in April so I need to get this fixed as soon as possible.

_____________________

Two Years Ago on In My Words...Nekid as a Jaybird

1 comment:

Chicken said...

I am so thankful that you are not hurt. I know that feeling of shock after an accident. When I was rear-ended I kept pulling the E-brake when they were trying to push my car off the road.