Thursday, January 30, 2014

POTD Day 30 Best Invention Ever

I became hooked on rice cookers when we lived in Japan for the first time. Many of my friends had them and I found them to just be amazing. The first one we ever bought was just a 5 cup one and we still have that one. It has a little tray inside for steaming veggies and fish. We have used the heck out of that thing.

Once we got stateside again, we purchased our newest one, which is a 10 cup one and the tray for steaming is at the top. It has several different settings on it besides just steam and warm which makes cooking things other than rice much easier. I steam fish and veggies in it for lunch at least three times a week and it couldn't be easier.

Thanks to my awesome friend Jai, I know how to do Thai sticky rice in a rice cooker and it saves me so much soaking time...and it comes out great!

I took this picture in our  kitchen with my Fuji Finepix f50 with flash turned on. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and added the fuzzy border.
_______________________

Six Years Ago on In My Words...Bunco Success

No comments: