Tuesday, January 28, 2014

POTD Day 28 Dinner

This was a lovely stirfry I made the other night. It was so yummy and I took pictures because I am probably going to write the recipe up for our family recipe group on FB. It isn't a hard one to make...as with all stirfries, you definitely need to have all your prep done since the cooking itself goes pretty quick.

I usually make this one with chicken but I decided at the last minute to do shrimp instead and it came out so nice and light. Another key thing to keep in mind is that you don't want to cook any of the veggies too long because you want them to to stay crunchy and bright. This means knowing the cooking time of various veggies so you don't end up overcooking one because you put it in too early waiting for another to cook. I always cook the green beans first because in this list of ingredients, they take the longest.

I also use fish sauce in this recipe so I definitely make sure to add it early enough that it gets the required three mins of cooking so it gets rid of the fishy taste and smell...key to the dish, that is for sure.

I took this picture with my Fuji Finepix f50, no flash, macro enabled. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and then added the fuzzy border.
_______________________________

Two Years Ago on In My Words...Two Favorite Things

No comments: