Monday, January 27, 2014

POTD Day 27 Something I Bought

This is the vanity that I bought for our downstairs bathroom. When we had the water damage last year, the vanity in the downstairs bathroom was one of the things that was ruined. I wasn't all that sad about it because it was this ugly 96 inch long particle board cabinet, but not having anything in there has made that bathroom a little less functional.

Right now 1/2 of the old vanity is sitting in the garage being used as a counter since we don't have any of our stuff here yet and it gives us some place to put things but I will be taking it apart soon, so that we can take it to Biomass. I will be excited to see it gone. I have to remove all the laminate and hardware from it, not to mention the sink that is still in it before they will take it.

The new vanity is not installed yet since we have to tile the floors before it can go in permanently. You can see that even the drawer knobs and the faucet are not on it. I plan to rough in the plumbing just to make sure it will all fit. Once I do that, I can recycle the boxes it came in (which are taking up space in our garage). I am keeping the boxes just in case the vanity isn't going to work and we need to return it.

The top is separate so I can actually plumb it while it is off and that will make reaching everything, much easier. The majority of the vanity itself is solid wood which is what we were looking for, which also means it is super heavy.

I took this picture with my Fuji Finepix f50 with the flash turned on.  I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color and light and then added the fuzzy border.
_________________________

You can follow along on projects on our house at The Bamboo Lagoon blog.

No comments: