Saturday, January 25, 2014

POTD Day 25 A Taste Of Winter

This pic is from earlier this winter, when we actually had some precipitation...any pics I would take now would not really reflect winter here (other than frosty), so I opted for a snowing one.

So strange to get 8 inches in December that hung around for over a week and then to not have a drop since then. Last year hit some records for dryness and this year is not starting off very good. Our local ski resort is not even open yet because there is just not enough snow on the ground.

The snow was nice while it lasted but fortunately, I had no where to drive to, so I didn't have to risk our truck in it. At the time, we didn't have the canopy on the truck so it was super light in the back end. Now the canopy is back on and we have four 60 lbs bags of sand in there so no sliding...

I took this picture from our driveway of our blue spruce covered in snow with my Fuji Finepix f50, no flash. I edited the image in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and added the fuzzy border.
__________________________

Nine Years Ago on In My Words...Learned My Lesson

No comments: