Tuesday, January 21, 2014

POTD Day 21 Blue

I took this pic today while out exercising. We are having unseasonably warm weather and I took advantage by not only getting some yardwork done but also going for a quick walk to burn off some calories. I was able to wear shorts and short sleeves, which was truly amazing and I am sure my body willl be thanking me for not only the exercise but also the sun on my skin.

The problem with unseasonably warm weather is that we have not even had close to the amount of rain that we need to have in order to have a decent summer. We had a very dry year last year (records) and so far this winter has been very dry too. We are actually back in Fire Watch/Warning because the forests are so dry around here.

Anyhow, this little pansy is the first flower I have seen, and while it might not survive the entire winter, it was fun to see a little bit of spring in the middle of January.

I took this picture with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash but with macro enabled. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for light, color and added the fuzzy border.
____________________________

Five Years Ago on In My Words...She Figured It Out

No comments: