Sunday, October 02, 2011

Finished The Blanket

I finished the blanket that I have been working on for my oldest niece and her newborn son. I wanted to do another granny square blanket but wanted it to be different from the one I made last year for my girlfriend. So I did a little bit of research and found a new way to connect the squares. I am not sure I like how it staggers the squares a little bit but I definitely like it better than having to "sew" all the squares together like I have in the past.

This new method is kind of like creating a seam that mimics the granny square style. It doesn't lay completely flat, or at least it doesn't for me. I am sure if I do it a few more times, I will figure out a way that works for me. But overall, I have to say I am thrilled with how it turned out and it is definitely the biggest baby blanket I have made yet. I have it all boxed up to be sent to my niece tomorrow.
_________________________

Six Years Ago on In My Words...Comfort In A Bowl

1 comment:

cat said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous blanket! Great job!