Friday, May 27, 2011

Classes

I am taking two community education classes for the next 6-8 weeks in addition to my "for credit" circuit training class. These two classes are online and are not for college credit, but are a way for me to get some experience that I hope will help me with the job market and future plans.

One is an SQL class which is the language used to do queries on databases, and while I have some experience with database queries, it has all been in Access, which is much more point and click, and I want to have some specific language experience. I may take the SQL II class after this as well. We get certificates of completion so I feel that this can only be a good thing for my job hunt.

The second one is a Writing for Children class because I have had a couple of ideas for children's books that I would like to try my hand at. I think this class is also going to have some great information for getting into the writing market in general so I am excited to learn. I need to get over to my local library and check into some of the books the teacher has pointed out. I did some market research when I first got these ideas so I have a good foothold to start from.

We are in week two of the classes and I am three assignments behind in both of them. Fortunately, they are both online so I can work on them when I have time and they won't interfere with any work that might come up in the near future. The assignments and quizzes have two weeks windows so I am not "late" on anything yet but I need to get my butt in gear and catch up this week. The next lesson is not posted until Wednesday next week so I have plenty of time to catch up.
_____________________________

Six Years Ago on In My Words...OCD

No comments: