Sunday, September 27, 2009

Insanity

This week, in fact, the last several weeks, have just flown by...I have been so busy I don't even realize half the time what day of the week it is.

I have been slacking on my posting here...it is not that I don't have tons to say, I just can't say everything I want, and I sometimes just don't have time to say anything at all but I am going to improve on that.

I have been working out at least 5 days a week for the last two weeks. I had just gotten to the point where I had to do something and getting back into a routine was it. Now getting the gym is easier because it is automatically a part of my day rather than trying to fit in it and I am already feeling fitter and much better about myself.

For two weeks, I was covering my friend's preschool class on Fridays and her tutor student on Wednesday along with the usual stuff I do, so my week was a bit more jam-packed than normal. Her tutor student has graciously accepted to keep me as her tutor permanently (extra money for me and a great opportunity to talk with a local Okinawan about whatever we want to talk about). Takako is a great student and we have fun together.

I have been battling our pond for the last month. The owner has it cleaned once a year usually but last year when the contractors were here, they were here for 8 days and during that entire time, they were powerwashing rocks (we have a very shallow rock pond in the back yard). It was noisy (since the pond is right off the dining room), and my electricity and water bills went up. So this year, I have been trying to keep it from getting green on my own. This means being proactive with leaves that fall into it and also hosing it out regularly to keep the temp down and the algae at bay...right now, I am losing the battle but tomorrow morning I am getting out there to wage war. I have half of the yard work I have needed to do for two weeks done, but I just need to find time to do the other half.

Being the membership chair for two great organizations in the month of September means being busy, busy, busy since this is when the year starts for each org. I know that the rest of the year won't be as hectic but September has just flown by because of it.

I spent a good portion of my day on Saturday at a fundraiser for a third org I am part of, but it was a lot of fun because good friends were there with me.

Today, I pretty much locked myself in the house to work on cleaning tasks that have been neglected this week...I am happy to say my house is pretty spotless now.

What amazes me that amongst all this, I still manage to get some of the little nagging tasks knocked out...most it is a time management thing (which I know I am improving upon). It helps that I seem to have kicked the procrastination bug for now (otherwise I would be drowning in all this).

So tomorrow is Monday and I am going from the start...grocery shopping, meeting, babysitting for a friend and gym time...we'll see what else I can squeeze in.

_______________________

Two Years Ago on In My Words...Puss in Boots This post is relevant because I just had Chase shaved again and she looks just like this picture right now.

No comments: