Monday, April 16, 2007

What Are They Thinking?

On Saturday, I spent a large portion of the day doing yardwork around the house. I put out 39 bales of pinestraw in our yard (my fingers are raw), but while I was doing it, I was wondering what the birds were thinking of my actions.

I figure it went something like this.

"So Louise, what do you think that human is doing over there?"
"Oh, she does that twice a year..."
"Yes, but what for?"
"Irma, don't you know? She is building a nest....that is how they do it."

4 comments:

Mind Sprite said...

Nest building....hahaha! Glad things are going well in your preparations to sell. I've not gone through that before, but it sounds like a lot of WORK!

I planted some stuff this weekend and a squirrel was sniffing from plant to plant, checking things out. I was happy to see he didn't start eating them or anything!

Girl said...

Heh.

I bet they think we are nuts.

Haha said...

Well they might also be saying "She finally got our nesting material out for the year" as I am sure they use it for their own nest's too!

kilgorsky said...

LOL! If birds were watching me they'd go: "This dude is pounding at a tube with a piece of calf skin on again. What up with that?"