Monday, June 23, 2014

Smile 84/100 Iced Coffee

This is something I do in the summer time. Since we make coffee using a french press, it is a bit more work to pull it off, but nothing major.

I make coffee in the press, like I would normally do, and then let it cool a bit in the press pot. Once it isn't blazing hot anymore but still warm enough to dissolve sugar, I pour it into this container with a small amount of raw sugar (the same amount I would put in my normal cup of coffee in the morning which is one tsp per cup). I shake the container to dissolve the sugar and I set to making a second batch. This container holds two of our french press potfuls. Once I have it filled up, I put it in the fridge and then I have yummy iced coffee for the week or more.

I like to add almond milk to my coffee after I pour it into my glass (and I actually don't drink it with ice), and it is a nice cool summertime wake up.

I took this picture in our kitchen with my Fuji Finepix f50 with no flash but with the macro turned on. I edited it in GIMP 2.6 for color and light and then added the fuzzy border.
__________________________________

Five Years Ago on In My Words...Making A Cup Of Coffee

No comments: