Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stormy Skies

One of the many things I missed about this valley was the amazing storms we have here. I have always been a storm hound because of growing up here with our beautiful storms. When I was a kid, my parents would encourage us to enjoy the storms (rather than be afraid of them). I am thankful for this because it has meant that I never had a fear of them.

We would sit under a picnic table in the backyard and watch the lightening and listen for the thunder. We would also watch the meteor showers in the summer from under that same table. We were taught to look out far and wide and to enjoy all that nature offered us.

So when I was doing yard work today and saw that the sky was getting that inky black look to it that means a good storm is brewing, I just had to snap this shot with the sun still shining where we were. I loved the contrast and the feeling in the air that the storm was on its way and the charge that it provides.
_____________________________________

Seven Years Ago on In My Words...Technical Difficulties

No comments: