Monday, May 06, 2013

Storm Rising

This amazing sky up the street from our house was just too good to pass up. I am not used to having these kinds of storms this early in the year but we have had some pretty warm days this spring and I am sure that has contributed to it.

I have always been a storm watcher...I thank my parents for never making storms a "scary" thing for us. I love all the ion changes in the air around a storm...it feels great. That still air that happens right before the wind starts to blow and lightening and rain make their appearance. Love it!!

I love how dark the sky gets, especially when the sun is still out in other areas...the contrast is just terrific. I took a couple of really cool pics (one of which is being made into a card) before this storm.
_______________________________

Five Years Ago on In My Words...Tropical Storm Halong

No comments: