Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Winter Bloom

A few months ago when we were going to get our first freeze, I brought some of the plants I had put on the back porch to be repotted indoors so they wouldn't be killed. They have been sitting on our kitchen counter since then because it has just been too cold (or dark, since I sleep days) to deal with them.

This guy is a group of starts I got from my SIL that she had in a class jar at home in some water. I brought them home and put them in a pot, but decided later that I wanted to have them in a different pot.

A few days ago, I noticed that a new shoot was starting to come out from the spider plant and soon after that I noticed this pretty flower. I grabbed the camera because I wasn't sure how long it would last, and I am glad I did because within a day, it was gone again.

I wish my Christmas cactus would bloom...but I am happy with what I have so far.
____________________________

Ten Years Ago on In My Words...Getting There

No comments: