Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Smile 15/100 New Sneakers

I have been on a hunt for new running shoes for a while. I used to be a huge Adidas running shoe fan but then I always bought them in the men's section in a smaller shoe. The place I always bought them at (and most other footware places) stopped carrying the smaller men's sizes and I was forced to women's shoes which always seem to be pink or purple.

So I stopped buying Adidas and went to Saucony. For years, I have been happy with Saucony, but they don't make the one I like anymore, and the reviews are not good for the newer versions. This meant, I was SOL.

On top of that, we really don't have a great selection of stores that sell running shoes here and since I was going to starting from scratch, I really needed to try some on.

As fate would have it, I ended up with an unexpected trip to a location that does have an Adidas outlet mall, and I was able to get in there and find a great sneaker (this one). They were having a buy 2, get one free sale, so I bought 2 pairs and got the last one for free. They were last year's version but I'll be set for a while now.

I wore them for about 10 miles before I did my 5K and they were comfortable with no breaking in time at all...so thrilled to be back in new sneakers that don't have too many miles on them.

I took this picture with my Fuji Finepix f50 in our entryway with no flash but macro turned on. I edited in GIMP 2.6 for color, light and then added the fuzzy border.
_________________________________

Eight Years Ago on In My Words...Fashion Angst

No comments: