Monday, September 28, 2009

Construction Woes

What is the deal with our homes and construction? If you have read my blog for a while, you will know that last house was nice and serene until after the first winter when they decided to build a house, and then a second house (not at the same time but consectutively). So it really shouldn't surprise me that it is happening yet again (although this is a rental).

This lot has been sitting vacant (used for parking) for the last two years. This is the only window in my entire house that looks out from our property...all others are internal to our fortress-like walls. As you can see, there is a small grassy field (which our owner owns) and then the dirt lot at the corner.

The first day of construction, they brought out the big back hoe and tractors and started leveling the dirt lot. They seemed to dig awfully close to our fence as well onto our owner's land. There is not much I can say since I don't own the land and I did inform our rental company so they could let the owner know just in case he hasn't driven by recently.

Now, and I'll have to post the picture later, I have big huge hills of dirt behind the house with rebarb and cement forms. Hopefully whatever they are building won't be too huge or they will be able to see over our fortress-like walls and all privacy (since 1/3 of the house is glass) will be gone.

___________________

Three Years Ago on In My Words...Tiles

No comments: